Diabetes--how to control sugar with FOOD not Rx?

Quote:
I think you already have your plan, the above with your exercise regimen sounds like a very sensible approach. If you use white sugar, I'd change to stevia as well. And I agree about fat, we do need some, I'm sure you already know which ones are the good ones. A multiple vitamin is also good; many of us regularly miss some important nutrient, because of food preferences.

I'm sure the poster above did not mean to replace whole grain with white, only to cut down on carbs of any kind. At least until you get your weight down, it would be better to replace sweets with fruit. Frozen unsweetened fruits with a little stevia are pretty darn good, sprinkled on some plain yogurt -- if the carb craving is hollering, ad a Tbsp. of granola as a topping.

Good luck to you.

There may be some stevia that you can use to replace sugar 1:1 though I have not found any. ( You can replace sugar with Splenda 1:1.) I have had stevia that was concentrated enough to use 1-2 tsp for a cup of sugar. Too much stevia gives a bitter taste. Stevia is a natural herb, I have saved dried leaves from my herb garden, great for teas etc.

You will have to experiment with the stevia you get or try some sample recipes.

Let me recommend the book the Belly Fat Cure. I started on that the last week of Sept and am losing weight, not hungry, My blood work was fabulous the last week of Nov after being elevated Blood Sugar and Triglycerides in June. I feel really good.

Back
Top Bottom