Diarrhea

roseydv

In the Brooder
Apr 28, 2022
I have a three year old silkie who has watery diarrhea for about three weeks now. Two courses of corid. She’s eating some but constantly drinking And because she drinks so much im able to get electrolytes down her. Isolated her with some heat today. It’s cold here 40-50s (California!). She’s getting egg, feed and meal worms I put worms in electrolytes and she seems to like it. I’m afraid she’s getting weaker. She’s trying so hard to keep up with water. Past two days she’s been ruffled up and not moving about much except constantly drinking water
what am I missing. No respiratory issues, no mites, poo is just watery, no blood

I used ivermectin for worming. Could not find fluenvet. But I purchased Safegard in paste form that’s all they had
Still trying to figure the dosage. It’s in paste form.

I have a three year old silkie who has watery diarrhea for about three weeks now. Two courses of corid. She’s eating some but constantly drinking And because she drinks so much im able to get electrolytes down her. Isolated her with some heat today. It’s cold here 40-50s (California!). She’s getting egg, feed and meal worms I put worms in electrolytes and she seems to like it. I’m afraid she’s getting weaker. She’s trying so hard to keep up with water. Past two days she’s been ruffled up and not moving about much except constantly drinking water
what am I missing. No respiratory issues, no mites, poo is just watery, no blood
How's your hen doing?

Sorry just saw this. My little girl passed. I struggled with her like you but could not get ahead of the diarrhea
Hope your silkie is doing well

Sorry just saw this. My little girl passed. I struggled with her like you but could not get ahead of the diarrhea
Hope your silkie is doing well
I'm so sorry to hear about your little girl. These little creatures have a way of stealing our hearts. Mine is not a silkie, but a speckled sussex. She's still good except for the diarreah, which may be improving slightly, because I have started giving her probiotics. Winter has been very harsh, so I pray they get through it ok.

Yes, I tried the probiotics too. I’m glad it’s working for yours. I think the silkies. are very Delicate. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom