Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was outside this morning moving roosters into separate cages in a coop. They were out in their rooster bachelor pads but after finding them full of snow because my tarp had blown off I decided for their safety and my sanity and well being they should be inside. Tomorrows high is 19. That is colder than our normal lows. I know you northern people don't feel sorry for us southerners but you all at least expect to be freezing cold. We expect to only need a winter coat occasionally and mostly just a sweatshirt for our weather. This is crazy!!!

I hate the cold.

I felt bad for my birds... All of the chickens have been moved into our heated garage for the next couple of days. The ducks and geese are still outside, but I added enclosed areas and tons of fresh hay.

Quote:

My two CCL Roos, do have some frostbite issues from the last single digits, I let them outside in the wind then and now I know to keep them inside if it gets below 10 PERIOD, I will research it now.... its actually ear lobes. the CCL roos have huge ear lobes that hang in turn the two of them are shaking their heads, not too bad just a spot or two. very strange, researching.

I'm going to put heatlamps out tomorrow night through Wednesday morning. My daytime high for Tues..11, I think Monday night is 0.
hmm.png
I am so tired of the cold, and frozen water. Really praying for an early spring this year!
fl.gif

I was outside this morning moving roosters into separate cages in a coop. They were out in their rooster bachelor pads but after finding them full of snow because my tarp had blown off I decided for their safety and my sanity and well being they should be inside. Tomorrows high is 19. That is colder than our normal lows. I know you northern people don't feel sorry for us southerners but you all at least expect to be freezing cold. We expect to only need a winter coat occasionally and mostly just a sweatshirt for our weather. This is crazy!!!

I hate the cold.
I heard about that cold snap that is happening in the States. We are just getting over one in the Maritimes now.
hide.gif
There is waist- deep snow out there! Hopefully with the plus temperatures tomorrow (9 degrees Celsius), a lot of the snow will melt (and perhaps with the freezing rain in the morning, school will be cancelled due to icy road conditions- or at least delayed and hour!)
fl.gif
It WAS -37 with the wind chill on Friday- Saturday. (Celsius, or course! XD)

I am excited for the plus ten degrees (50 degrees Fahrenheit) that we are expecting tomorrow. Guess we stole your warm, chicksooner. oops XD

I felt bad for my birds... All of the chickens have been moved into our heated garage for the next couple of days. The ducks and geese are still outside, but I added enclosed areas and tons of fresh hay.
I think its a good call, your into the cold right now right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom