Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, according to your weights, your large eggs have only lost 2.6% of their masses.  This is not good. Unless they lost a large amount of mass while in storage, these chicks with struggle.

Can you take a picture of one of the large egg air cells?
yes the large eggs usually don't hatch well. It's half full and the ones that I can help do struggle. I'm eating those now . but the others are they good for lockdown? Or should I wait until tomorrow day 19.

Quote: where did you find her previous weights? I am researching more abstracts/studies as the % I am reading in heresay stuff is different than what they do in big hatcheries, so I will definitely be updating the article and adding links at some point as well. And their is actually a different weight loss per breed of eggs if that not confusing enough... I started reading when we were discussing the blue eggs and less losses than the tan eggs a few days ago. If you find anything too Coch PLEASE share linkage! I have A LOT on my plate right now so I have to start focusing.

She never said what the weights were, but she said that when she divided their current weights by their original weights she got 0.83 - 0.91 so they must have lost 9% - 17% of their masses.

I didn't know that breed affected optimal weight loss. I always thought that the 14% - 17% applied to most species of eggs. Could you share the link of where you read this?

You said that you're reading information that is different than what the hatcheries use. Could you share those links?
sure thing!

Yes dolfi, try to get a pic of a few eggs drawn air cell marks on the eggs, and both sizes you have!

Yes dolfi, try to get a pic of a few eggs drawn air cell marks on the eggs, and both sizes you have!  
I hope you can see. The larger side is aircell it hasn't filled the bottom

Original weight minus final weight equals weight lost.

Weight lost divided by original weight times 100 equals percent weight lost.

Example:

90 grams ( original weight) - 77 grams (final weight) = 13 grams (weight lost)

13 grams (weight lost) divided by 90 grams (original weight) = 0.144 times 100 = 14.4% (percent weight lost)

Is this final weight on Day 18??? before lockdown? Lynn Marie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom