Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL cat proof!! How do you keep them out of the brooders!

Well... Just barely! They are pretty good cats, although they like to chew on the Styrofoam incubators (and sit on them, etc), which is one reason why I can't wait to be able to put them away officially! ...Until, that is, I can have a room dedicated to incubating & hatching
wink.png

I have done 3 hatches so far this year. Not very good. :( Only about 58%. I have tried on all 3 to hatch in the cartons. Probably will lay them down on this next run I'm starting to day.

The thing is after day 14 candling they are ALL moving. So it seems like it's something to do when I lock them down. And the ones that are hatching are random all over. So it's not just in the back or middle or front. You know what i mean. It seems like when they start hatching, what ever day it is, if they don't all hatch the other eggs won't hatch after that day. :confused: And they are still hatching early. This last run I even put the temp down 1 degree. I might try with the next run to lower it even one more degree. I have an endless supply of eggs. So I can experiment. Does cost me anything. lol. Humidity during the first 18 days about 43% and lock down I can get it up to 69%.

Any ideas on lock down.

Actually that sounds like mine. When you look in there it's all chick besides the air cell which looks pretty good. I had one this time around that couldn't turn too. It pipped but that was it. The pip was in the middle. Mine the way it looks has no space to turn very good. Maybe developing to early. That's why I'm going to turn the temp down a degree. I just cracked open a few of the none hatch eggs and they were ALL developed. Never soaked up the yoke. :confused:

I have pips in the serama so I will have chicks by late tonight!  and some CCL and LAVs are starting to pip in the other cooler!!

:fl   pray they are not goopy chicks and that I have no leg issues!!  just hatch perfectly pleaseeeeeeeee  

I'm having the same problem here. I don't understand why. I have humidity at 60 to 75 maybe that's the problem. Yet the ones that do hatch I also have problems keeping them alive.
So frustrated already lost 2 of the samaras and one of the polish.

What on earth am I doing wrong.

Mine that hatch are very strong and nice chicks. Hatched 13 out of 23 2 days ago. A lady came yesterday and bought them all. Just seems to me when they hatch they roll or climb over the other eggs and get them covered in goo. Then those will never hatch.
hu.gif
That's why I tried the carton method. But they still climb over them. I even took them out as they hatched this time.

Mine that hatch are very strong and nice chicks. Hatched 13 out of 23 2 days ago. A lady came yesterday and bought them all. Just seems to me when they hatch they roll or climb over the other eggs and get them covered in goo. Then those will never hatch.
hu.gif
That's why I tried the carton method. But they still climb over them. I even took them out as they hatched this time.

like s sticky yellow almost like yellow clear jello?

Quote: Nope hang tight a tad yet! start reading the assist article.....

if your others dry and you grab them out grab an egg to candle and check it out, READ the assist article first everything is in it that I could tell you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom