Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you again, Sally, I really enjoyed this! BYC Member Interview - Sally Sunshine
bun.gif

Loved it! Yep, you did it right. Sounds just like you. You sure look young for your age. You have young men to marry soon? Cute photos, you cutie.

He didn't get any live chicks from the hatch, that I know. He was very upset when he came round, but refused to tell me what happened.

I found a little bit of info online once, the person hatched chicks shortly after deworming his hens and he said the chicks were malformed and the ones that made it to hatch died shortly afterwards. I wish I knew which dewormers are safe, which are not, what medicines are safe, etc... But that would be a hairy experiment.

I've been searching for published data on the safety of the various wormers and from what I've found so far, Fenbendazole seems to be the safest. Albendazole is in the same class, but it has some *very* serious warnings and it has actually caused death in some species.

-Kathy

LOL thanks, yes both older sons are getting married, one is in a few weeks the other a few months lol

Hello, all!
frow.gif

This has to be the longest running conversation on Backyard Chickens! I haven't been on here in a while because all my chicks have hatched and are now one year old hens! Sadly I am not allowed to hatch any more because my coop is only built for four chickens.

Since I have been on here I have gotten rid of my nasty rooster, Basil. He was too nasty to keep. I didn't mind dealing with his aggressiveness, however, I DID mind it when my hens' backs started to lose feathers and one hen was terrified of leaving the nesting box because he would be on her in a heartbeat. I have no idea how he became so aggressive, but I am relieved he is gone now.

I managed to fix my broken camera with the lens error which was broken for about a year yesterday by throwing it around. That is the best way to fix any electronic device. Truly. Before I did that I tried opening it up and fixing it "intelligently," but I ended up hitting it on the table out of frustration (I couldn't unscrew the screw!) and I broke the battery holder off. Good thing I could pop it back in place, but now I need to tape it in order to keep the batteries held in... In conclusion: don't try to be intelligent when trying to fix a broken camera: The screws are screwed in too tight anyway!!!
lol.png

ANYWAY, I will try to get some recent pictures of my hens with an ACTUAL CAMERA later today (if I remember!) I even have some fresh garden tomatoes they can eat to get them camera- ready! :)

Sophie with her bare back! (yes, that IS a collapsed tent in the background!)

Hope. You can barely even tell that she had a gaping hole in her head a year ago! She was getting angry with me (she is my sassy hen!) so I had to pick her up to take the pic so she wouldn't peck me!

Mary Ann. I had catch her to hold her so I could get a good picture since she is a pure bred and knows to stay away from large animals!

Sassy hen!

Mary Ann again. They were eating tomatoes I gave them.

Maddy is to the right of Hope. She is a bantam white plymouth rock. Mary Ann, who is behind Hope is a bantam barred plymouth rock. They are both purebreds. I didn't hatch those two, but I did hatch Hope and Sophie.

The time on the bottom of the pics are screwed up by the way. I need to fix that...

Sophie with her bare back! (yes, that IS a collapsed tent in the background!) Hope. You can barely even tell that she had a gaping hole in her head a year ago! She was getting angry with me (she is my sassy hen!) so I had to pick her up to take the pic so she wouldn't peck me! Mary Ann. I had catch her to hold her so I could get a good picture since she is a pure bred and knows to stay away from large animals! Sassy hen! Mary Ann again. They were eating tomatoes I gave them. Maddy is to the right of Hope. She is a bantam white plymouth rock. Mary Ann, who is behind Hope is a bantam barred plymouth rock. They are both purebreds. I didn't hatch those two, but I did hatch Hope and Sophie. The time on the bottom of the pics are screwed up by the way. I need to fix that...
why are your chickens naked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom