dick horstman

That may be the case I'm just curious why I have seen people currently making contact with him, there were three other post on another thread the same as mine. Evidently there is people that have had good dealings with him but I have not had any contact what so ever since payment and I was told my birds would be shipped June 4th

Never an issue with him with his chicks. He promised those bantams in two times I've ordered from him and NO losses. I was very pleased with his stock.

I know he is very busy showing and judging poultry and it seems like to me, best bet is in the fall to winter when things slow down and put your order in. Yes you will have to wait a bit but he is good on his word. If he couldn't, he is happy to refund your money back or a replacement order of what he has going on. He hatches according to customer's orders, not shelling out like a hatchery.

Dick just called me to say my chicks were on the way and even gave me the tracking number, I will order again. Thanks Mr.Horstman

I ordered Dorkings from Mr. Horstman a few years ago, and ended up driving out to his farm to pick them up. I got horribly lost trying to find his place, but it was a wonderful visit, and we ended up talking for several hours. He is a very friendly person, and is of course extremely knowledgeable about his chickens and other birds! All the birds I saw at his place looked healthy, and rather fantastic from what I could tell (I don't know much about Barred Rock Bantam's, but his are gorgeous!).

It was a little rough with my Dorkings at first. They got coccidosis, and I lost quite a few of the little buggers. Tthe ones that remained weren't top show bird material, but they where great birds to start a breeding pen with. Which, was all I could have hoped for. Years of buying and hatching birds has shown me that very few birds are truly great specimens. I have been very happy with my Dorkings, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend or buy birds from Mr. Horstman.

Back
Top Bottom