Dickey incubator egg turner trouble.

redrooster99

Songster
9 Years
Jun 14, 2013
georgia
I recently purchased a used dickeys incubator and everything is working great except the automatic turner. The egg turner will move the trays fine in manual mode. But when I flip the switch to automatic it just moves the turner to the right one time and doesn’t turn them anymore. Is this something I can possibly fix without getting a new part, or is this an issue with the turner motor? It’s hard for me to open it up right now because I have 3 weeks worth of hatches in it so wanting to have an idea of what’s going on. Thanks in advance.

I recently purchased a used dickeys incubator and everything is working great except the automatic turner. The egg turner will move the trays fine in manual mode. But when I flip the switch to automatic it just moves the turner to the right one time and doesn’t turn them anymore. Is this something I can possibly fix without getting a new part, or is this an issue with the turner motor? It’s hard for me to open it up right now because I have 3 weeks worth of hatches in it so wanting to have an idea of what’s going on. Thanks in advance.
Dickeys sells the part for this. It’s the timer assembly. I called them and ordered it and changed it out with eggs in there. When I got the part I freaked out a little because there was no diagram or instructions but I ended up following one for a gfq that used the same wiring. I should add I had pulled my toner out a long time before. It’s probably easier to do it all at once so you can just retrace where the wires go.

Prior to getting the replacement part I had plugged my turner into a programmable timer I got off Amazon. That actually worked fine and was much cheaper. The I’ve from dickeys came to $80 something with shipping.

The only downside with the programmable one was that it only turned 5 x a day vs every 2 hours or whatever the dickeys one does.

It also took a good bit of shopping to find one that you could set the ‘on’ time low enough. I think I had figured out it had to run for 30 seconds each time.

Dickeys sells the part for this. It’s the timer assembly. I called them and ordered it and changed it out with eggs in there. When I got the part I freaked out a little because there was no diagram or instructions but I ended up following one for a gfq that used the same wiring. I should add I had pulled my toner out a long time before. It’s probably easier to do it all at once so you can just retrace where the wires go.

Prior to getting the replacement part I had plugged my turner into a programmable timer I got off Amazon. That actually worked fine and was much cheaper. The I’ve from dickeys came to $80 something with shipping.

The only downside with the programmable one was that it only turned 5 x a day vs every 2 hours or whatever the dickeys one does.

It also took a good bit of shopping to find one that you could set the ‘on’ time low enough. I think I had figured out it had to run for 30 seconds each time.
I am having this same turner problem, what kind of substitute did you order off Amazon? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom