Did anyone set September 2nd/3rd? I could use hatching buddies!

Woot! Woot! Woot!
woot.gif

One pip on my 9/3 eggs and 3 pips on my 9/5 eggs this morning! I just love hatching!

wee.gif

Unfortunately the two I had to hatch by today drowned
sad.png
From now on I am trying the egg cartons! I have two that should hatch by Tueday, another one by Thursday and one by Friday!

In the meantime I meet with a local breeder and purchased 10 blue laced wydonettes which are adorable and 3 ameracanas. That fixed my broken heart lol

My Ameraucanas are done.
smile.png
I got 7 black and 2 that I think may be splash. Maybe they're blue. I guess I should post a pic and ask the experts.
smile.png

Well my eggs from Bargain are finished hatching. I ended up with 5 chicks. I had 10 eggs in lock down that didn't hatch because I screwed up on my humidity. 10 fully formed dead extra large chicks were in the eggs that drowned.
sad.png
Makes me sick. Anyway she did more than here part. She package my eggs so well that they all traveled 2600 miles accident free and if I would of known what I was doing I would of probably had 15 chicks instead of 5. I am happy with the 5 and I have 24 more eggs in the incubator from her. I lowered the humidity and am hoping for a better hatch on October 7th

Quote:
I remove as many rows as needed from my turner. Put up a divider and let the hatching begin! You'll need to make sure the divider is high enough to stop the chicks from going over but clear of any of the warmer parts/fan on the lid of the incubator. Once everyone is done hatching clean up, and you're done until the next hatch... then you'll start all over again. Moving the divider back as needed.

Quote:
I remove as many rows as needed from my turner. Put up a divider and let the hatching begin! You'll need to make sure the divider is high enough to stop the chicks from going over but clear of any of the warmer parts/fan on the lid of the incubator. Once everyone is done hatching clean up, and you're done until the next hatch... then you'll start all over again. Moving the divider back as needed.

Yeah, but that has nothing to do with lockdown. But you did mention you use a turner. I hatch a lot of banty eggs, so a turner is out of the question for 90% of my hatches, so mine get turned by hand. You must hatch mostly large fowl and no banties. I have an egg turner for my 'bator, but it only holds standard chicken eggs.

I have a cheap Hovabator and the turner works for any size egg from quail to goose. I had LF and bantams both in there together this time.

Back
Top Bottom