Did I get a RARE rabbit??? Need EXPERT opinions!

Quote:

Maybe (luckily for her lol) she is spayed!?

Not sure on her breed but we had rabbits that looked identical to her when I was a child, and they were given to us by meat breeders!

If she is a NZ, she's pretty poorly bred!

Normally I roll my eyes at these threads. "I have a small spotted rabbit and it's totally an English Spot!", but I think you're on to something. She isn't built like any NZ I've ever seen. She could be a cross of something (NZ/Flemish, perhaps?), but she could also be an American.

Well, I can't say to an absolute certainly that she isn't an American, because I've never actually met one in person. However, she does look pretty much like an awful lot of production NZ does that I have seen. It is possible that they had some Flemish in them; some people aren't too picky about bloodlines, as long as it is white and has lots of babies!

Thanks guys, and that was my first thought too, some NZ and some flemish.

But then I think of the people who came and gave her to me, along with a plain old regular everyday thumper-lookin bunny, and theres no way they were eating rabbits.
She was bought as a pet, of that I am certain.

She does have some flemish features tho . . .

Im guessing the chances that she is an american are pretty astronomical???

It would be unlikely, but I wouldn't throw a fit if you wanted to call her one.
tongue.png
Without a pedigree, all you can go on is looks, and she looks like an American to me.

Back
Top Bottom