Difference in Minorca and White Faced Black Spanish Chickens

NCMomofFive

Chirping
May 15, 2020
Can someone please tell me how to distinguish between a Minorca and a WFBS chicken? What are the characteristics in the hen and the rooster. Thank you so much in advance for your help!

The White Faced Spanish has a white face. The Minorca has a red face. The two breeds look very similar, including the face, but if you look closely, you'll see the Minorca just has really big white earlobes, but a white face. On the White Faced Spanish, their face is actually white, plus the got the large white earlobes which go down to under their chins. (Might be a more scientific name for the extremely large earlobes of the White Faced Spanish, but I don't know it.) Also, the White Faced Spanish's earlobes are bigger and more saggy.

The White Faced Spanish has a white face. The Minorca has a red face. The two breeds look very similar, including the face, but if you look closely, you'll see the Minorca just has really big white earlobes, but a white face. On the White Faced Spanish, their face is actually white, plus the got the large white earlobes which go down to under their chins. (Might be a more scientific name for the extremely large earlobes of the White Faced Spanish, but I don't know it.) Also, the White Faced Spanish's earlobes are bigger and more saggy.
Thank you so much! I want to say DAHHHH to myself!😂 looks like I have one hen of each in with my WFBS rooster. I don’t have a minora rooster so do you know if I will be able to distinguish their offspring immediately or as adults or is the white face a gene that could be given to the Minorca’s offspring simply because of the rooster.

Thank you so much! I want to say DAHHHH to myself!😂 looks like I have one hen of each in with my WFBS rooster. I don’t have a minora rooster so do you know if I will be able to distinguish their offspring immediately or as adults or is the white face a gene that could be given to the Minorca’s offspring simply because of the rooster.
I'm not exactly sure, but somewhere I think I read that one has the other in it's lineage. Again, I'm not completely sure. You might get genes of each in the offspring and some you most likely won't be able to tell apart. If you are looking to either sell or show the offspring as purebred, then it'd probably be best to separate them during breeding. ;)

Back
Top Bottom