Dill's Giant Atlantic pumpkin diary

Getting prepared for next year. Gathered fresh droppings from below roosts in a coop. Picked out next year's spot for the pumpkin plants. Dug a shallow hole and dumped in the wheelbarrow load of droppings. Covered them up with the removed "soil".

It's too dry here to compost properly but putting it under ground works well.

Starting early.

This is the potting mix. I lined the "planter" so I can lift it out at transplanting time. I had a struggle getting the plants out last year.
20240503_101944.jpg

Whoppers
20240503_104641.jpg

Big Moose/Dills Giant Atlantic cross.
20240503_104658.jpg

Hey R2elk,
I am hoping to get mine transplanted next week. It has rained nonstop for the last 2 weeks. I got my seedlings planted in the green house they are about 2 weeks old. I will be watching for your post.
Mark
Mine won't get transplanted into the garden until near the end of May.
20240503_061109.jpg

Mine won't get transplanted into the garden until near the end of May.
View attachment 3819940
I can see why!!! Our last frost was on April 25. We have had temps in the lower 80’s to mid 70’s during the day and in the 60’s at night. My tomato plants and peppers have been in since early April. Right now our problem has been a lot of rain. But since I grow everything in mineral tubs it drains out pretty quick.
Mark

I can see why!!! Our last frost was on April 25. We have had temps in the lower 80’s to mid 70’s during the day and in the 60’s at night. My tomato plants and peppers have been in since early April. Right now our problem has been a lot of rain. But since I grow everything in mineral tubs it drains out pretty quick.
Mark
Yesterday morning it was 22°F and they are predicting the same for tomorrow morning.

Back
Top Bottom