Dirty eggs in mail!!!!!!

bigstack

Songster
10 Years
Jan 4, 2010
Texarkana, TX
I just got in eggs I won on Ebay. A couple Where covered in poo! I used a warm moist towel and a dry green scrubby pad to clean them off. Will they be Ok to put in bator? I am doing a staggered hatch. I have 2 sets in now. This will Be the 3 of 4. Just worried about contamination. Will they be ok to add to bator?????
hu.gif
idunno.gif
fl.gif

Thank You and God Bless!

One reason I don't like shipped eggs. I would set them, but keep an eye on them. Wouldn't worry to much about contamination, for eggs under a broody sometimes gets real messy.

Thank all! I just wanna do the best I can for The Fuzzy Butts. This is my first attempt at hatching and I am doing a staggerd hatch to boot! lol I like to take chances.
wink.png
I was just worried about something nasty growing besides lil nasty butts. Yeah, I didn't mention names (dunno if they are BYCers or not) and I dont wanna jump to conclusions but come on!!!! WIPE then wrap!!!! They did do an excelent job in wrapping. extremely well wrapped and padded. I have to give then koodo's for that and very quick shipment. I just dont think I'm gonna use them again any time soon.

Thanks again for reasuring my thoughts.
God Bless!

They may have done that because it is recommended not to wash the eggs before putting them in the bator. At least that is what I have heard, but they could have at least wiped it off!

Quote:
I agree, they probably didn't want to wash off the bloom. I would have grabbed a different egg,but that is me. Will

Yes me too. I have a pen with white egg layers and they are always icky looking unless I wash them. When they are finally fertile, some funky lookin eggs are going in the bator.

We will have to stay tuned to see what happens to the eggs from my jacked up muddy egg auction. I sent them the same way they came from the run, jacked up and muddy.

Back
Top Bottom