Disappearing duck eggs!

BlueO

Chirping
Nov 8, 2023
So I have 2 ducks only one laying and 2 drakes (kept separate). My duck usually lays at night so I get the egg in the morning. But one day I did not get an egg. So I thot she just skipped a day but the next morning no egg. So that night when I put them up I felt her and there was an egg so I thought great back on trac but next morning no egg. This went on for a week. Me feeling eggs but none in the morning. I did not see shells or anything. Bug after a week I started geting them again like normal.

eneyone know what happened?

So I have 2 ducks only one laying and 2 drakes (kept separate). My duck usually lays at night so I get the egg in the morning. But one day I did not get an egg. So I thot she just skipped a day but the next morning no egg. So that night when I put them up I felt her and there was an egg so I thought great back on trac but next morning no egg. This went on for a week. Me feeling eggs but none in the morning. I did not see shells or anything. Bug after a week I started geting them again like normal.

eneyone know what happened?
Hi BlueO, Welcome to BYC!
Is your duck healthy otherwise?
Many Ducks stop laying for a part of the year.
Another reason could be that someone eat them before you get to the nest. Like rats... (happend to me before ☺️ )
Or your duck chose a different place to lay her egg! They are really good in hiding Eggs...

Hi BlueO, Welcome to BYC!
Is your duck healthy otherwise?
Many Ducks stop laying for a part of the year.
Another reason could be that someone eat them before you get to the nest. Like rats... (happend to me before ☺️ )
Or your duck chose a different place to lay her egg! They are really good in hiding Eggs...
I think my ducks are healthy they swim every day unless their pools frozen😆.they did just transition to a new kind of food that’s specifically for ducks it looks kind of like dog food and at first they seem kind of concerned maybe that’s why. we also don’t have rats here I don’t know if mice take eggs though

Back
Top Bottom