Disgusting Brooder Conditions! PICS

hit.gif
POOR BABIES!!!!!

Conditions of the brooder are at least temporarily cleaner. Animal control notified me via email that they are making weekly visits, every Friday, to his property to assess the conditions of his animals.

Definatly makes me feel better though, I came home once to my last batch of week old chicks, their food was everywhere and there was some bedding in their waterer, and I roled my eyes and was like OMG they are so much work, and went to bed without cleaning them, of course I woke up early haunted by nightmares of spradled legged chicks and respiratory infections, but I felt SO BAD.

These 2 pictures are posted on a local NC poultry and livestock swap page on Facebook. This particular poster has many photos on his FB page that all look really bad. In the pictures below, note that the chicks are in what looks like a 10 gallon aquarium, therefore the walls should be clear glass. Their bedding material appears to be compacted, dried chicken s%$&! Why on earth would someone post those pictures? Notice the absence of food and water.
WOW this really....well I just can't say it on here....but it is just a darn shame we can't cull people there is no reason for this !!!

wow my brooder is in my living room and gets cleaned and fresh water and feed twice a day!!

This is why we all need to be really careful about who we buy from and NEVER EVER buy from somebody who says they will MEET you somewhere, to me that is a dead giveaway that their conditions are not good
Kudos to the BYC'er who turned him in!

Back
Top Bottom