DIY Feeders

ChiknforME

Chirping
Apr 13, 2020
I really enjoy making my own tools that help me with my animals. I like that they are customizable for each individuals needs and can be improved upon for whatever needs be. I am trying to figure out a feeder for my meat chickens. I love the way the 5 gallon bucket feeders look. What kind of ideas and plans do you all have for making your own feeders? I am on a fa

I understand that if you have Cornish X, you should limit feedings, in which case, you'd want to have as "open" a feeder as possible, so that the biggest ones aren't getting everything. (I have never raised CX myself, so just repeating stuff I've read here.)

If you don't have CX, those five-gallon bucket feeders do look good. You're talking the ones with the PVC, right? Nice, no-waste design, and cheap. I don't think I've seen a better idea than them.

I do have Cornish X at this time. They eat a lot! I like the one with the saucer around the bottom. I can see taking this feeder out at night and replacing it in the morning. Helps with moving my chicken tractor around as well because they definitely follow the feed ! I believe two buckets would work for my 35 birds.For laying birds the PVC looks awesome!

Back
Top Bottom