DIY Laser Cut Egg Candler

browngd

Chirping
Dec 4, 2023
Berkeley Springs, WV
So, we are incubating our first batch of 17 eggs from our flock. After joining BYC the other day and was reading though some posts, I realized I needed an Egg Candler ASAP. Being frugal, and having a Laser Cutter/Engraver, I decided to make my own Egg Candler. I present to you my very own design and creation. I had a rather expensive small Snap-On flashlight sitting on my desk and realized that would be perfect for this. I designed the Candler so that I can take the flashlight out for use as a regular flashlight. The top is magnetic as well. You place the flashlight inside and put the top on and viola, we have a candler. Below are some pics. I used an egg from the fridge for demonstration as we are only on day 5 in the incubator and I am going to wait until day 7 to candle so as not to disturb them too much.

Let me know if there is any interest in these. If anyone else has a laser cutter/engraver I could probably provide a file if someone wants to do the same. Otherwise, it turned out so well I am thinking of selling them as a kit or as a finished candler. If I decide to sell these, it won't have an expensive Snap-On flashlight inside, but rather something more affordable. It's just what I had on hand at them moment.

Imports - 2 of 2.jpeg Imports - 1 of 2.jpeg

So, we are incubating our first batch of 17 eggs from our flock. After joining BYC the other day and was reading though some posts, I realized I needed an Egg Candler ASAP. Being frugal, and having a Laser Cutter/Engraver, I decided to make my own Egg Candler. I present to you my very own design and creation. I had a rather expensive small Snap-On flashlight sitting on my desk and realized that would be perfect for this. I designed the Candler so that I can take the flashlight out for use as a regular flashlight. The top is magnetic as well. You place the flashlight inside and put the top on and viola, we have a candler. Below are some pics. I used an egg from the fridge for demonstration as we are only on day 5 in the incubator and I am going to wait until day 7 to candle so as not to disturb them too much.

Let me know if there is any interest in these. If anyone else has a laser cutter/engraver I could probably provide a file if someone wants to do the same. Otherwise, it turned out so well I am thinking of selling them as a kit or as a finished candler. If I decide to sell these, it won't have an expensive Snap-On flashlight inside, but rather something more affordable. It's just what I had on hand at them moment.

View attachment 3699612View attachment 3699611
Hey can I have the file?

Back
Top Bottom