DIY MAKING FOR AUTOMATIC FEEDER AND WATERER

CHChicken

In the Brooder
Jan 3, 2024
Hi there, I'm new to this forum and I was deciding what will be my first thread and I guess this would be it.

How do you guys handle your flock or chickens when you will be gone for weeks? Do you have a set up of automatic feeders and waterer? What will be the rotation of the water when it comes to the potency of what-ever vitamins you will be putting? Thanks

All you need to give them is lots of food and water so they don’t run out. I have chickens I leave at my place old place and visit them every week. They are all healthy and happy. But depending on the age of your chickens. If they re adults just leave ‘em plenty of food and water and she’ll be right (she’ll be right is Aussie way of saying it’s all good).

My waterer holds enough for 1 week, and my feeder holds enough for several weeks, but when I'm away I always have somebody check in on them either every day or every other day, and that person checks and refills the food and water as needed as well. If you have large capacity waters and feeders, and an automatic coop door, you can get away with leaving them completely unattended for longer. I don't put anything in their water though, so I don't have to think about vitamins and supplements getting stale. Chickens (or people) don't need vitamins and supplements if they eat properly. If you use a nutritionally complete commercial poultry feed, you don't need to put anything in the chickens' water.

My waterer holds enough for 1 week, and my feeder holds enough for several weeks, but when I'm away I always have somebody check in on them either every day or every other day, and that person checks and refills the food and water as needed as well. If you have large capacity waters and feeders, and an automatic coop door, you can get away with leaving them completely unattended for longer. I don't put anything in their water though, so I don't have to think about vitamins and supplements getting stale. Chickens (or people) don't need vitamins and supplements if they eat properly. If you use a nutritionally complete commercial poultry feed, you don't need to put anything in the chickens' water.
Thanks for thiss

All you need to give them is lots of food and water so they don’t run out. I have chickens I leave at my place old place and visit them every week. They are all healthy and happy. But depending on the age of your chickens. If they re adults just leave ‘em plenty of food and water and she’ll be right (she’ll be right is Aussie way of saying it’s all good).
Thanks a lot mate

My diy feeder is 6 pvc elbows in a tote. It holds a 50llb bag.

I have 2 2gallon waterers but i bring them in at night and wash them and fill in morning.

I do put in zyfend A a couple times a year. After molt usually and summer time. May not be helpful but it doesnt hurt.

Back
Top Bottom