Do all my hens look healthy?

Aug 12, 2023
I’m sure I’m just being paranoid but these are my first hens and I want to make sure that they all look healthy. My welsummer looks a bit skinny but I’m not sure if I’m just seeing stuff, she has also lost some face feathers.

Attachments

• 7B82FCF6-F22B-4641-8552-6B95C92D79E9.jpeg
    7B82FCF6-F22B-4641-8552-6B95C92D79E9.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 50
  • 1D801E51-A6F0-4708-9A49-3261CD0D3F28.jpeg
    1D801E51-A6F0-4708-9A49-3261CD0D3F28.jpeg
    430.4 KB · Views: 14
How old are they? What do you feed them? They look young and probably not laying yet. The Brahmas are a large heavy bird, and they would make most other breeds look thin. Do they seem to be active and eat pretty well? I think they look pretty normal.

How old are they? What do you feed them? They look young and probably not laying yet. The Brahmas are a large heavy bird, and they would make most other breeds look thin. Do they seem to be active and eat pretty well? I think they look pretty normal.
They are about 4 months old and they eat farm gate growers as well as corn, mealworms, oats and anything they find while foraging

I would limit any oats or corn, and keep them mostly on a chicken grower feed until around 20 weeks or when most are laying. Chicken feed has all they need, is balanced, and should be 90% of their daily feed. Occasionally, they can have a small treat of something, but I usually give a scrambled egg or similar treat. Soon, they will get red combs and hopefully start laying eggs.

I would limit any oats or corn, and keep them mostly on a chicken grower feed until around 20 weeks or when most are laying. Chicken feed has all they need, is balanced, and should be 90% of their daily feed. Occasionally, they can have a small treat of something, but I usually give a scrambled egg or similar treat. Soon, they will get red combs and hopefully start laying eggs.
Okay, I will limit it, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom