Do chickens like parsley?

Getting some mild indifference to parsley here tonight (my neighbor just gave me some for them!)... they like almost every OTHER green I've given them over the past year, but this does not appear to be a favorite!
D.gif

I tried parsley from my garden the other day (the guinea pigs love it) - but the chickens turned up their beaks and stomped all over it.
sad.png

I don't blame them. There is a reason why we eat parsley in small quantities. It is a close relative of hemlock and deadly to humans in pounds doses. There are other things that can be fed in large amounts, including a number of weeds.

Mine a brats they recently refuse brocolie and and other green veggie. I am refuse to play their game they get what they get and i know they liked it in the past hopefully they stop being so picky.

Mine a brats they recently refuse brocolie and and other green veggie. I am refuse to play their game they get what they get and i know they liked it in the past hopefully they stop being so picky.
I have heard tell that chickens will be picky because they need a specific nutrient - which the food they are turning their nose up at doesn't have - or because, just like a lot of people food, something is ok in small quantities but can become toxic if the chickens eat it too often. Some think of chickens as dumb but I tend to disagree. Just consider they might know better than you what's good for them.

Also, I'd address that some people approach chicken feeding like they would feeding pigs or goats: "they'll just get whatever I'm throwing out and be fine." However, chicken digestion is vastly different. I think they are picky sometimes because they need to be, while pigs and goats can digest anything, so they are hardly ever picky.

Back
Top Bottom