do chickens talk back ?

YES..I only have 1 hen and she talks to me ALL the time! She knows my voice an when I go out and sit with her we talk to each other all the time…lol. She knows when I have a frittata and my coffee as well. She RUNS to get to me and will jump up in my lap and gets aggressive for a bite of that frittata. If I make her get down she starts making this I’m agree sound. Lol. If I go inside the house she stands at the front or garage door and peeks at it until I go acknowledge her….lol. She is a mess.
her name is Marilyn and I’ve had her since she was 6 weeks old. She turned 3 this past May.

No one will ever be able to convince me that animals do not try to communicate with humans. When my chickens see me they all run over and start clucking. I very rarely feed treats and they have food 24/7 so I am by no means the bringer of food to them. I also do not allow my birds to imprint and rarely handle them. My ducks whenever I say "ducky duckies" all come running over quacking. Even if I'm in the house and open a window to yell "ducky duckies" they will come quacking up to the window. My horses use to all come running over when they saw me by the pasture gate and would whinny then put their heads down for me to either pet their head or halter them. My Akita loves to be sassy and whenever I say "oh don't talk back to me" every time she will make this talking noise that goes about like "wooh wooh wooooh". She then will sit down and raise one paw in the air. Not verbal communication, but my mother has a rescue cat who is afraid of most people. When I am visiting she will wait for everyone to go to bed then comes down from her hiding place, crawls on the back of the couch and taps me on the shoulder. That's her cue that it's okay for me to pick her up and put her on my lap. Even though I'm allergic to cats I can't say no so we sit together watching TV and then I spend the next day sneezing like there is pepper permanently up my nose😂

Just yesterday I had a lovely conversation with my broody Black Australorp Ruth. I pried her off the nest and set her on the ground. As I petted the growling, angry, flattened pancake I talked to her about being broody on infertile eggs and how pretty she is and how I miss her beautiful dark brown eggs. I told her I didn't want to see her all skinny with her tummy bald. She started very sweetly clucking and closing her eyes.
I then gently patted her butt and told her to get back to work!
Hahaha I do that too!! I usually say "I know, I knoooww, but those eggs don't have chicks!" XD

The animals in the Garden freely conversed audibly with Adam and then Eve as well. This is written in two specific instances: Adam naming the animals, and later, the snake losing the ability to talk.

This leads to the assumption that in the future days, the animals will regain their voices that we can understand.

In the meantime, we can but guess at their speech, even though they try their best to get us to understand them. We’re the dense ones!!

I have some that do. I can make this kind of chewbacca sound with my throat and I can fine tune it to make chicken sounds and rooster sounds, every time I make a rooster sound the chickens react in the same way but towards me like that.

I used to have this sassy hen that was a bantam silky and everybody feared her even the giants the neighbors used to own. Every time I entered the run she would leave her alpha rooster and just stand by me and calmly stand there. I would make the same calls her alpha rooster would make and it fascinated me because she would make a different sound every time. Most of the sounds I didn't know what she meant by, but I just kept making a different sound for each scenario that I knew, and it was pretty weird.
I gave her away because she was so loud but every single time I walked into her coop (I owned her for about 1.5 years) she would leave the flock and always follow me around and stay silent. Maybe she just liked my company??

For example if they are making the egg song and if me approaching them doesn't silence them, I can make the same call a rooster would then she would be quiet and lay an egg, works miracles every time

The reason I know this is simple:
1: Observe the chickens, both boys and girls in the run and don't do anything, just sit there and watch
2: See what is happening, how they are reacting to each others calls
3: lots of practise
4: when I mimic the calls, I get the same reaction from my chickens as if it was a chicken talking to another chicken and not a human talking to a chicken

That woman has mastered her roosters warning call, clearly only works for chickens as the geese were standing there like visitors of a foreign country.
Maybe works for cats as you can see the cat running for safety too LOL!

Back
Top Bottom