Do frizzles feather out slower?

speckled6

Chirping
Apr 15, 2017
Southwest WI

This is Sienna. She is 3 weeks 4 days old and is one of 15 chicks in an all pullet rainbow selection I got from Murray hatchery.
I hope you can see it, a handful of her feathers are curling outwards. She is the only chick with this coloring.
I suppose she could be a frizzle and that would be fine with me, I'm just concerned that she still has so few feathers at nearly 4 weeks when most of the other chicks are nearly all feathers with the exception of head/neck areas.
Should I be concerned? She's healthy and happy, there's no feather picking going on and none of my other chicks have feathers like this, they are still in the brooder in the garage. I turned the heat lamp off today since it's so warm and was able to get a decent colored picture of her.
She's really beautiful, I just wanted to know if there was anything to be concerned about with the feathers sticking out or the fact that she still has so few of them.
Thanks for any help you can offer. Let me know if you need a better picture.

I used to have a few frizzles from Murray McMurray, I can't remember if their feathers took longer to come in. She is definelty a red frizzle. I would give her a few more weeks or even a month and see what her feathers do.

Thanks for the input. Since the all pullet rainbow assortment is a hatchery choice, I have no idea what most of them are.
I don't remember seeing any frizzles on the Murray website, but I could've missed them.
She's feathering out, just very slowly, looks about 2 weeks behind the rest.
We are running out of space in the brooder and will be moving them to the coop in 2 weeks. It's Wisconsin and it's spring which means unpredictable weather and I'd worry about her in the coop since I don't think we'll have electricity right away.
Would it be awful for her if I brought a handful of other chicks in at night to stay warm, but kept the others out in the coop?

Back
Top Bottom