Do I have 1 Roo or 2?

jengro65

Songster
10 Years
Jul 16, 2011
Morgantown, WV
I swear this wondering and waiting to find out how many of my hatched chicks are Roo's is tormenting my every waking moment!!! I have got to find other things to occupy my mind...LOL......anyway.....I thought I was lucky when its starting to look like I only got 2 roo's from the 7 eggs my broody hatched. Now I'm wondering if one of my "possible" roo's might be a she..What do you all think? They are 5 1/2 weeks old.....I will no doubt be posting pics every few days as I continue to second guess myself about this incessant roo/pullet obsession I have!

I feel strongly that this is a Roo
100130_015.jpg

Maybe Roo??
100130_016.jpg

sorry i can't help you but I also hate the wait and see!!!!! one minute it's like ok a roo then the next it's a pullet, nope a roo, nope a pullet etc.....
he.gif
very frustrating!!!!!

The first one is definitely a roo. I have a feeling that the second one is as well, but I can't be positive as the comb is still light. If it's a hen, the comb is developing rather early though.

Last edited:
Quote:
x100 sorry i know hearing that they are roos is not a good feeling
sickbyc.gif

Very true but from what I've read here 2 out of 7 hatched is a pretty good percentage....at least I think its 2 out of 7!!LOL

Back
Top Bottom