Do I need a license to own snowflake quail in Kansas?

Aug 2, 2022
So I live in Kansas and know I can't get bobwhite quail without a permit but I can have coturnix. So does snowflake quail fall underneath one of these or is it a different kind of quail? I've tried looking it up in the Kansas laws but can't find anything.

I very much appreciate any responses.

Snowflake Bobwhites are a color variation of the Mexican Speckled Bobwhite....so yes, a permit would be needed to raise/breed.
They
are a natural mutation of the Mexican Speckled and were not crossed with any other mutation, color variant of Bobwhites.

Last edited:
So I live in Kansas and know I can't get bobwhite quail without a permit but I can have coturnix. So does snowflake quail fall underneath one of these or is it a different kind of quail? I've tried looking it up in the Kansas laws but can't find anything.

I very much appreciate any responses.
I have snowflake quail and I've recently found that I'm supposed to have a license as well. Although, it is only actually necessary if you plan to breed and sell. They're the same as bobwhite quail they're just a colour difference. The license is only $10. You can get it at academy or Walmart easily. Even easier than that is there's an app that allows you to have proof at your fingertips. It has everything you need from hunting, fishing, and game birds, ect.

Back
Top Bottom