Do Nosy Neighbours Count As Pests?

Hey Zeil I posted earlier on your thread suggesting a cane toad hunt; you might of missed it or my location. Yep, fellow Brisbanite! There are a few Aussies that hang out at: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/598568/australia-six-states-and-that-funny-little-island I have been known to wander around the back garden with a torch just after dusk, checking that the girls have got to bed OK and ensuring I have locked up the shed, coop and run etc. As we are currently undergoing a Crow invasion, I have also been checking the trees and chasing off any Crows that want to roost for the night because they are so very noisy in the morning. Like you and others on this thread, I would love to know what your neighbours are up to!
See I get that, I get being out with a torch checking things... Taking the dog to the loo... Etc. They just seem to wonder around aimlessly at varying hours... Meanwhile on the subject of odd behaviour, I got flipped the bird this morning, I opened up the back veranda and she was out on hers having a smoke, I waved and she put her smoke out flipped me off and went inside. It was like a twilight zone moment.

My English mother wouldn't have said peed.

My grandma wouldn't either. I was trying to keep it polite.
lol.png

See I get that, I get being out with a torch checking things... Taking the dog to the loo... Etc. They just seem to wonder around aimlessly at varying hours...

Meanwhile on the subject of odd behaviour, I got flipped the bird this morning, I opened up the back veranda and she was out on hers having a smoke, I waved and she put her smoke out flipped me off and went inside.

It was like a twilight zone moment.
You are kidding me, she actually flipped you off? Really sad, It's so disheartening to read that people behave like this for no reason.

See I get that, I get being out with a torch checking things... Taking the dog to the loo... Etc. They just seem to wonder around aimlessly at varying hours...

Meanwhile on the subject of odd behaviour, I got flipped the bird this morning, I opened up the back veranda and she was out on hers having a smoke, I waved and she put her smoke out flipped me off and went inside.

Well, that certainly takes some mystery out of the equation...they are a-holes, and hostile ones at that.

Last edited:
I honestly can't get over this..... Either its extreme paranoia, or geniuos... Not sure which, lol buuuut.... Some thought went into it ;)
You should definitely be worried about your neighbors dog unless you are 110% certain the run is secure. And there's no need to wonder about what or why your neighbors doing what he's doing as it is very clear. he made the comment about the girls being out and his dog barking... this is his problem. Don't ever underestimate stupid neighbors. he's taking pictures because when the day comes that his dog gets in there and causes a problem he can defend himself by saying how close your coop and run is to his property and how much it annoys his dog. not that this gives him the right but it's not worth losing any of the girls over. And it is very easy for him to walk by and drop some rat poison and he can simply say he put out rat poison because there were rats due to your girls. The neighbor is covering his butt. I would highly recommend the game cam and place it in a very obvious place. The security light at night is also good idea. You want to prevent something from happening by being proactive. I was battling with my neighbors for six years now because their dogs kept getting loose and coming out to my property that I can no longer free range . Ive been through court mediation etc. but because he has unlimited funds the same judge who chewed him out the year prior for allowing his dogs to get loose and reminding him of the dangers if his dogs bite someone as well as the fact that his dogs could be put down simply for harassing my animals is the same judge that simply charged him a 30 Dollar Court cost and claimed it was a first offense. I don't care about the neighbors the dogs the money etc. all I care about is keeping my chicken safe.

Seriously, people set up other people over chickens and pooches? Wow, I live a very sheltered little life up here....

Yeah, very sheltered... Is it common practice to be so kind to our neighbors? Wow no wonder HE'S moody; SHE doesn't seem to be a ray of sunshine either!

Back to the long winded and paranoid post... What if THEY think YOU are getting ready to set THEM up for some lawsuit-ish thing? Maybe the pictures and stuff ARE to cover their behinds, because they KNOW something will eventually happen...?

See, now even I'M paranoid :p

By Jove .. I do believe I have the answer! [Or a vivid imagination
wink.png
]

Are you sure that was a ‘cigarette’ she was smoking?

The torches at night are to check their ‘plants’ and the ‘officials’ were them being sprung; they reckon you dobbed them in so you got flipped!

Mystery solved …. lol … explains their strange behaviour also, they are high
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom