Do Nosy Neighbours Count As Pests?

Yikes... I like cats but if one killed my chickens...
duc.gif

You should probably install electric fence, just to be on the safe side...

We have. So far so good.

You stated earlier you were permitted to have chickens.
Assuming you are following what is permitted, I think a noise complaint won't carry much weight, unless there is a rooster. Chickens make little noise at night, the time most nose ordinances are most restrictive.
It sounds as of someone is trying to make life difficult.

Hey fellow Brisbanite

You are kidding me right? At the risk of climbing up on my soap box, I feel sorry for anyone who comes around here to tell me there has been a noise complaint in relation to my chickens.

I quietly tolerate barking and howling dogs, screaming children, screeching of tires and revving of engines, beeping of car horns because people are too lazy to get out of their car and knock on a door, loud music etc etc etc

The first person to complain about chicken noise is going to cop many years of pent up 'tolerance'!

Oh my.... Beautiful cat (we don't have them here), but looking WAY too interested in those chickens!
Ya! They are beautiful....so are Cougars, Wolves, Coyote, Badgers, Fishers, Weasels, Raccoons, Black Bears....have I missed anything....lots of people think it would be great to look out on their Lawn and see one or more of these predators....they are Soooo wild!!! Just like a nature documentary....oh!!! Beautiful!!! How Pretty!!! That's till you actually receive a visit from one of the mentioned creatures...and they leave their "calling card"....a Black Bear can break into most coops if it wants to bad enough....I know from experience that they can Darn near "Walk" thru most wire enclosed chicken runs....what they leave behind isn't pretty!!! We have all of the mentioned predators and more around here....if I had a Bobcat eyeballing my birds in full daylight....let alone skulking about my yard at night....I'd do everything in my power to get rid of it! If it comes back and it's not an unpleasant visit your birds will end up on that Kitty's menu.....maybe your little dog or cat...or make a try for the toddler playing in the grass....the one in the picture is probably a youngster....a mature cat has usually learned that humans are bad news...I would make its next visit, it's last visit....one way or the other....it wouldn't be back, if I could help it.

Bobbi-J never said that the predator was not dangerous, just that it was beautiful. You seem to be mocking Bobbi, but he never said he wouldn't take the neccassary measures to keep his livestock safe, but please correct me if I am wrong. In my experience, wolves are rarely a problem with livestock, they are quite timid around people and dogs usually keep them away. If you are lucky enough to have wolves in your area, keep them there, they are wonderful animals. They keep the coyote and feral cat population down and are very helpful with overpopulation of deer, moose, elk, caribou, etc., they serve a very important purpose. I was not fortunate enough to live nearby any until recently when a wolf pack has been discovered in California! I truly hope they make a comeback. Anyway, good luck with your bobcat problems, we have mountain lions here so I feel for you.

Back
Top Bottom