Do Serama eggs reqiure a lower temp due to smaller size?

rroven

Songster
11 Years
May 20, 2008
lexington, SC
I just got 9 Serama eggs yesterday and I am expecting 6+ more in todays post. I have an LG forced air bator that is holding a steady temp of 100 but was wondering if that needs to be reduced because of the size of the eggs?

No. 99.5 - 100 is the perfect temp for poultry egg incubation.

If you have a still air bator you test the temps at the top of the eggs and set it to 100 - 102.

Good luck with your hatch!

I just hatched out Serama eggs at 99.5 and they are fine and NO problems hatching either. I had the humidity between 45 and 50% and temps at 99.5 throughout. At day 18 I upped the humidity to 65-70% I hear that the LG seems to need a higher temp so I would check on that too. Do a search on LG Still Air temps. I have a hovabator 1588 so no experience with the LG's. Good luck on your hatch! I will have more Serama's in the bator by the end of the week too
smile.png

Quote:
Thanks Miss Prissy...it's a forced air.

Glad to hear that. The temp in the LG is just slightly over 100 and I was only able to get it to stablize after my hubby installed a fan. I also have a hovabator 1602, same problem so had him install a fan in it too. Steady temps in both now. Lost 11 Salmon Favoerelle eggs of my very first hatch to the temperature fluctuations so I am hoping to get a hatch from these and other eggs that are also coming today. Keep everything crossed for me!

Back
Top Bottom