Do these look fertilized to you?

Mar 19, 2024
My ducks just started laying again and I decided to check some of the eggs for fertility. These look fertile to me but the more I stare at the pictures, the more I question myself. Need a second set of eyes before I waste my time putting them in the incubator. 😅
PXL_20240319_144729652~2.jpg
PXL_20240319_144729652~3.jpg
PXL_20240318_145853188-1~2.jpg

Hi there, welcome to BYC! :frow

I agree, they look "fertile" to me..

Noting that the egg itself could always not be according to my current understanding.. as in the instance of mule ducks.. they still lay but somehow their eggs are sterile.. anyone care to explain if this statement is accurate or not and why or how? TIA

Hi there, welcome to BYC! :frow

I agree, they look "fertile" to me..

Noting that the egg itself could always not be according to my current understanding.. as in the instance of mule ducks.. they still lay but somehow their eggs are sterile.. anyone care to explain if this statement is accurate or not and why or how? TIA
Thank you! I have heard of this with crossing muscovies with other breeds! Basically anything crossed with Muscovy ends up being sterile even though they lay as normal? My ducks are khaki campbells and I have seen my Drake doing the deed all winter long so hopefully it's not the case for me.

Back
Top Bottom