Do these look like 4 day old chicks?

Quote:
Haha! Yeah. That would probably shock you!

I hatched out four chicks on Friday morning and by Saturday morning their wing tips were showing their first feathers.

17 days:
48355_cimg2257.jpg

On my hand:
48355_cimg2255.jpg

2 day old of same breed for comparison:
48355_cimg2628.jpg

OMG. I miss my my little fluffy butts. That's eggzactly what they looked like at 4 days old. They're all big girls now. I can't wait til spring so I can get some more babies.
Are those red sexlinks?

I miss my babies too -
hit.gif

They sure grow up fast!!! I had 4 chicks hatch one week before 2 in the bator. I never did manage to integrate them. The 4 older ones mom wouldn;t take to the new babies and when we put them all together in the yard they attacked the younger ones. Infact right up until the boys left home at 20 odd weeks - one of the female chicks would attack the younger male and stomp on his head and back and then call her brothers to finish the job!!!!! Its a wonder he grew up at all!!!!! The smaller female of the 4 early chicks seemed to be getting less food so we took her out and put her with the two younger chicks but all she did was screech at the top of her voice until we relented and gave her back to her mother. That chick is now able to mix with any other crowd of new hens that come in - but she is also a bit of a loner too which is sad and I wonder if that experience really did traumatise her??? Betty is fine and all grown up now. We only kept the 2 females Betty and Mable, since the boys left Mable settled very well too - now she doesn't have her mafia brothers! She has even made very good friends with three new hens - but she can still be feisty when she wants to be!!!!
There was only 6/7 days difference in the hatch dates but that seemed to make a world of difference in their development. They were hatched early June - one of the bator boys wasn;t even crowing when he left home this January. The other 4 were way ahead of him.

Oesdog
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom