Do they know?

chickschool

Songster
11 Years
Mar 5, 2011
Traverse City, MI
I have been observing my new chicks (7 days old) and it seems to me like they are segregating them selves by color as well as breed. Plus there seems to be one in particular that is "eyeballing" the top of the brooder as if to be figuring a way out. It is also the same one that comes running toward me while the rest run to the other side. It is 1 of 2 Cochin Frizzles and every time I take it out for a snuggle the other frizzle cheeps like crazy. None of the other chicks care just that one.

Do they know?

There is always one that is more friendly.
love.gif
Unfortunately for me this is usually a rooster that will wind up on the table.
droolin.gif
One tends to be an escape artist and tries to recruit this behavior in others.
gig.gif
And one will tend to be a screacher whenever you pick them or another bird up.
D.gif
The freak out chicken exists. My Frizzle rooster likes to be fed by hand. If food drops on the ground he just leaves it there for the others and only eats out of my hand. Spoiled chicken.
yippiechickie.gif

So do they know??? I think those brains of theirs work in mysterious ways.

Wish ya the best.

Darn it. I kind know that in my heart but it (he) is so darn funny that it makes me want to keep it around to see what it turns out to be. I ordered 15 knowing I was only going to keep 3-4 and I have a friend who will take the others. He has a hobby farm and I know they will not end up on a table so I feel ok with it. They are all bantams so I have no idea what I'm going to end up with. But to your point about the screecher…the one only screeches when I take out the one other frizzle. It doesn't care if I take out any of the others. That's what makes me wonder how much they know.

Back
Top Bottom