Do we have any Arabian lovers out there?

jackrooster

Songster
10 Years
Jan 17, 2010
Maine
Is these any Arabian lover out there?? Post pics and tell you storys of you lovley Arabians!
I have 3 Arabians, Penny Candy 17 year old grey mare John henry 17 year old bay gelding that we rescued and brand new mare High Socyety she is a Afire Bey V daughter, she took top ten at the nationals in hunter in 2006. We bought her from ROLerick Arabian's in Washington last december she is a great mare!

Oh you better believe it!!!
wink.png
I love Arabians. Gorgeous.

But now my #1 favorite breed is the FRIESIAN. Arabians are my #2 favorite breed.

Quote:
Mine too, except I'd have to add andalusian as my first fav.. (I like morgans as well)

We had an Arab/quarter mix mare when I was younger... stuborn thing she was!

Last edited:
I used to have a few Arabians.....a flea bitten 3/4 Arab gelding with heavy Raffles lines, and 1/2 TN Walker/Arab with Midnight Sun and old Egyptian/*Fadl/black Arabian lines and she was a sweet mare but so god awful UGLY with a body and head so out of porportion, never bred (thank God!).

I used to work with Jeanne Atherton, who owned a stallion whose sire was Negatraz. He was a nice stallion but I am not crazy about him nor was he the greatest specimen of a stallion. He could have done better despite of shows. His disposition was nice. Nothing to rave about him in person, knowing him for two months when I worked for Jeanne. His foals are cute. All of this pictures of him and his offsprings pretty much spoke itself with a few doctored up, touch up and gingered tails, excessive use of whip and yanking on halter just turned me off. After I left her place, I never went back to Arabians....they are beautiful but the downside of it all, behind the beauty really turned me off completely. I'd rather have them go naturally instead of the ugly abusive side of things. So I went to Paso Finos for a long time and got out of it when I moved in town and had another hobby that was cheaper than horses LOL!

I love Andalusians, they are beautiful!

11594_46630045.jpg

Here's my two Arabs. The bay one was sold last summer. She was Polish/Crabbet Breeding. The gray is 1/2 Arab, 1/2 Saddlebred, she's a daughter of AA Apollo Bey. Both are endurance horses though the bay had earned some Achievement award points in dressage.

I've been riding Arabs since 1990, 20 years later, I can't imagine owning anything else. I love them!

I have 2 purebred and one half. The chestnut is 26 yr old; a Hussar daughter. She's a good ride. The grey is 6 yr old; Padrons Psyche granddaughter, not broke to ride yet but hoping here in the next month or so I can get her started. The pinto colt is 1/2 Arab; AA Apollo Bey grandson...boy was this colt a handful! Good boy (imprinted, loved, leading, picking up feet, etc) till 3 weeks old then decided he did not want to be caught or have anything to do with humans. Had to bait him with hay to get close to him or to get a hold of the catch line. Well he got bigger, stronger, smarter and faster and started pulling me off my feet and taking me for belly drags. Let him be for a while since I was tired of the dragging and coming out of the corral covered in sand from head to toe and weaned him at 3 months. Wanted to wait longer to wean but could do nothing with him and his defiant attitude. Took me three weeks after weaning to be able to touch him without hay and could then take halter off and pet and brush him. Spent a lot of that time sitting on my knees near his hay bucket while he ate and gradually touch his leg, then shoulder and scratching chest then forehead. Finally, I could stand all the way up and touch him. LOL I needed to be his only friend and it worked for us. He's 10 months now (3 mo. in photo) and lives with his mother and 3 others, easy to catch and deal with; soon to be gelded...not going to go through the stud thing with him, nor is he breeding quality. Born bay tobiano but is greying out now.
51709_pa120076.jpg

51709_shyanne_right_211.jpg

51709_aj_8_72009.jpg

I have an anglo-arabian (1/2 Thoroughbred / Arabian) called 'Brandie'....

I love my Brandie story! So I'm more than happy to tell

When I was 8 my Dad first said I could get a horse. So I went to the old man at the local riding school I had been going to and asked him to find me a pony. He sold me an ugly spotted mare, but told me that day, that he had something special lined up for me....

2 years later I traded that ugly spotted pony for a 2yr old chestnut unbroken filly. I then went through years of torment with my Brandie
wink.png
until one day she finally stopped bucking me off and became my best friend. Brandie really loved to jump, so we often went and competed locally. Other than that, she was unreal to ride out on the roads and would challenge any obstacle in her path.

The whites of Brandie's eyes are always showing... she is always ready to go...

Well.. about 6 years after getting Brandie I went away to 'weekly' boarding school for my final 2 years of schooling. At this point I had a second, prettier, horse that I wanted to take to school... so mum and dad made me sell my Brandie....

She ended up with a horse dealer after she started to buck again and had traumatised her new owner... After about 3 years I finally tracked her down through a vet clicnic that I worked for on weekends. I then told her new owner... "if you EVER sell my Brandie, I want her back" and the lady promised me that Brandie would die with her, as she had also fallen in love.... Brandie had won several championships with her at the local fox hunting club.

A number of years on I received a phone call out of absolutely no where..... her new owner had been killed by a cow in a freak accident, and her husband wanted to know If I really meant what I'd said.. did I really want my horse (now 17yrs old) back...

So it comes full circle, and although I now live in a city and work full time I have my baby back. I pay for her to be looked after by a friend. She is extremely spoilt..... I visit her almost every weekend and we are currently saving a deposit so we can buy a small farm. Then she can truly be with me to the end of her days....

This is the day I went to pick her up, when I got her back!

48841_dsc01663.jpg

and this is Brandie with her TB mate Carrie....

48841_dsc01666.jpg

The memories that this horse gave me throughout my childhood are priceless....

Yup- a Khemosabi son, a Tah Zaman daughter and a Gainey bred mare- Sonseray grandaughter with double Gai Parada- used to have more, but I can't afford them!!!

Back
Top Bottom