Do you have a Keurig?

cowboyclayt

Songster
7 Years
Mar 1, 2017
Mowing, the woods, the garage.
I am wondering how many people on BYC own keurigs.

Which model do you have?
Do you like it?
what are the pros and cons?
How long have you had it?
What kind of water do you use? ( hard, softened, distilled, tap, well water, etc.
Thanks!

Last edited:
I do and use it every day. It’s a classic black standard size, maybe the K50? I’ve had it for over 4 years now and it’s been a game changer for me and coffee. I don’t waste as many grounds and never have to dump an unfinished pot. I do prefer the filter bottomed cups vs the all plastic, I find the taste is better and the Cameron’s brand will fully decompose.

Yes, yes, yes, I love mine. It's a K50 classic.

I only drink one or two cups a day, so before I was dumping half a pot every day. I also could never get my coffee strong enough, now I can. I can customize the strength by running multiple ounces choices through one pod.

My life is so much easier with it. I also use it to get hot water instantly for other things like teas, hot cocoa, and ramen.

Cons to me might be having to fill the reservoir, but you gotta do that with any coffee maker, and maybe the guilt of the pods going in the trash. They can be cut open and recycled, I should probably do that, and maybe the cost of the pods, but there are cheaper generic versions that are delicious.

I have one at home and one at work. The one in our office gets used daily for at least one person in the office. It is the smallest model they make, I think K15. It is hard to clean. Also you can only fit a small coffee cup under the K15, with larger models you can fit a travel mug underneath. The one at home rarely if ever gets used, larger model K250. Between my husband and I we drink almost a full pot in the morning so it's easier just to make a full pot in a traditional brewer, also easier to put the grounds in the compost pile. The home Keurig does have the option to brew a full carafe, however it does not stay warm all that long and we would find ourselves reheating coffee. I do like that the larger model has the option to make a cup of straight hot water which I use more than the coffee pods for hot tea or instant oatmeal.

Also there are ALWAYS sales. Do NOT pay full price for coffee pods if you buy a Keurig. Sign up for their newsletter and coupons will get mailed to you regularly. My grocery store regularly has coupons. Also sign up for the Bed Bath and Beyond mailer and coupons and you will get a 20% off coupon monthly and they do free shipping on all coffee.

One more CON. If you want your coffee on a timer or tied in to a smarthome app or function, last I checked this could not be done with a Keurig. Maybe the fancier models have a feature that let you set a timer for your coffee to brew. If this is important to you, be sure to look into it.

Back
Top Bottom