Do you have any birds named after fictional characters or famous people?

I don't name my hens as a rule. Breeding roosters get names, though....

This is Eric. I was reading the Sookie Stackhouse books and he reminded me of a big blonde Viking
big_smile.png

I don't have pics of the rest, but next is Danny. He's a Dark Cornish and was an Oops from the hatchery. His long legs and dinosaur like appearance put me in mind of my beloved children's book Danny and the Dinosaur. Yes, I know Danny was the boy's name and not the dinosaur, but the dinosaur didn't have a name, so Danny it is.....

After that we have my little black silkie. He's named Glen, after my favorite Asian character
smile.png

I have a young Faverolles cockerel who we'd been calling Fluffy, but after watching The Fluffy Movie he's now Gabriel.

My boys were naming my Ameraucana roosters after old action heroes. The first one was Arnold, the current one is Sylvester.

I named my crested khaki Marcus when I got my ducklings. Named after Marcus Mariota, the awesome Oregon Ducks quarterback. As they got older it became clear that my Marcus was a female--of course! So I still call her Marcus and my bf calls her Mop Top cause of her big crest. :D

I have a few!:

A copper black maran named Queen Latifa
A khaki campbell duck named Rihanna
A swedish black boy named Drake (not exactly original!)
A light sussex named Vanilla (ice)
2 runner ducks named Carmelita Jeter & Jessica Ennis (athletes)

Quite a random selection!

One of my nuggets is dubbed "robin sparkles" (odd thing is I never did watch how I met your mother that much...)

I also have a Merida, a miss piggy (muppets count too dangit!!) and I have an egwene (though she's a bit of a....)
Oh and back on muppets I have Sam (named after Sam the eagle)

One of my very first was named Camilla, after Gonzo the Great's girlfriend.
smile.png

One of my very first was named Camilla, after Gonzo the Great's girlfriend.   :)

If I had a white hen, I'd name her that too!!

Sadly most of my girls are either barred, reds, one brown and black Americana, a speckled Sussex and another that I suspect will be red. (Mystery chick. Hopefully a lady type!)

Back
Top Bottom