Do you name your hens?

lost cowboy

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 30, 2013
Since this is the fun thread, do any of you guys name your hens? I only have three Rhode Island Reds. My wife did not want me to get chickens. I have two brothers, we are all three states apart I was talking with my younger brother and said I was getting chickens but my wife didn't want them. He said he wanted them too but his wife said no. He was talking with the other brother, told him I was getting them, but he also said his wife didn't want any either. (See where this is going?) So I named my three hens, Carol, Janet and Irene. My wife and my brothers wives names. It actually was a hit amongst our three families.

Hope this did not bore everyone.

That's funny, makes you wonder who is getting hen pecked. We have named cows after relatives, but for some reason nobody wants a beef steer named after them.... I do name a lot of my chickens, some are named nice names having to do with their personalities or color... Speckled Susses get named Speckles and Spotty and Freckles etc. Some EEs are Sweetie, Snowy (white one), Dusty, Cocoa, and Ugly Bird, sweet bird but very ugly. The two pet WCBP are named Peaches and Cherry because like most polish they can act like fruit loops. A lot of the roosters get named PITA, this name usually means they are headed for the freezer in a very short time.

That's funny, makes you wonder who is getting hen pecked. We have named cows after relatives, but for some reason nobody wants a beef steer named after them.... I do name a lot of my chickens, some are named nice names having to do with their personalities or color... Speckled Susses get named Speckles and Spotty and Freckles etc. Some EEs are Sweetie, Snowy (white one), Dusty, Cocoa, and Ugly Bird, sweet bird but very ugly. The two pet WCBP are named Peaches and Cherry because like most polish they can act like fruit loops. A lot of the roosters get named PITA, this name usually means they are headed for the freezer in a very short time.
Thanks, Kelsie, for contributing. I smiled out loud about the name PITA.

Back
Top Bottom