Docile Roosters

I have 2 roosters: a porcelaine d'uccle and a Faverolles. Theyre both very handsome boys, but the little d'uccle LOVES to CROW and though a 1/2 pint he's loud. The Faverolles is HUGE but I've only heard him crow about 5 times since they all came to us as chicks mid-April. I was concerned as well about crowing, but wanted a roo. I didn'tthink I would have any worries about a few banties. We love the littlefella though and he believes he's exteremely important. But if noise will be an issue, i'd advise a Faverolle roo. He's very dignified we named ours Winston and the "liitle fella" is Sonic. Best wishes : )

he believes he's exteremely important.
yuckyuck.gif

Faverolles and Brahmas are soooooo mellow and laid back. If you want a large fowl pet roo, I suggest one of those breeds. Bantams may be pint size and quieter, but personally I can't stand the high-pitched crowing. I would much rather hear Cock-a-doodle-doo over Eeeee-eeeeee-eeeeeeeeeeeeeee any day! My most gentle rooster in my own flock is actually my Partridge Rock, but I think I just got lucky with him.

Faverolles and Brahmas are soooooo mellow and laid back. If you want a large fowl pet roo, I suggest one of those breeds. Bantams may be pint size and quieter, but personally I can't stand the high-pitched crowing. I would much rather hear Cock-a-doodle-doo over Eeeee-eeeeee-eeeeeeeeeeeeeee any day! My most gentle rooster in my own flock is actually my Partridge Rock, but I think I just got lucky with him.
We just butchered 5 bantam cockerels. And yes, their crowing is high and screechy, easily making up for any lack in decibels. Our cochin was the meanest, the Wyandottes the least, but none were particularly gentle or nice, just indifferent or obnoxious.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom