Does anyone else have really DUMB guineas?

Mahlzeit

Songster
12 Years
Jul 16, 2007
Long Island NY
I have 2 guineas and they are in my opinion beyond dumb. When I let them free range they end up jumping up and over the fence to my backyard or the short 4 ft chain link fence to my neighbors yard. But can not figure out how to jump back over the same way they got there. They just run along the fence back and forth and when it gets starts to get dark in the evening they start screaming their heads off because they can't get back home. I have to jump the fence corner them, catch them and bring them back. It's to the point I want to keep them locked up in the run full time and not let them free range. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

I have eight of them and they will roost in the tree at night when it is snowing, sleeting, freezing rain or just raining but when it's clear outside they go and roost on the beam in the barn. Go figure. This past week we had sleet and it covered everything and there they are almost at the top of the tree. I expected to find more than one the next morning on the ground frozen in place - guinea icicle. Nope, they all came running to meet me asking for their millet.
I think I'll look in the dictionary for the word "stupid" and see if one of the definitions says "guinea". :)

I have eight of them and they will roost in the tree at night when it is snowing, sleeting, freezing rain or just raining but when it's clear outside they go and roost on the beam in the barn. Go figure. This past week we had sleet and it covered everything and there they are almost at the top of the tree. I expected to find more than one the next morning on the ground frozen in place - guinea icicle. Nope, they all came running to meet me asking for their millet.
I think I'll look in the dictionary for the word "stupid" and see if one of the definitions says "guinea". :)

That sounds about right
lau.gif

Let the gang out to free range yesterday. They were laying on the ground in front v of the door to the coop.... For four hours... Screaming because I put the Christmas tree by their pen. Then they went to yell at the quail, twenty feet away from where they started.... And got lost.

I swear they're smart when they need to be.

Let the gang out to free range yesterday. They were laying on the ground in front v of the door to the coop.... For four hours... Screaming because I put the Christmas tree by their pen. Then they went to yell at the quail, twenty feet away from where they started.... And got lost.

I always put the Christmas tree out for the chickens and birds. They love hiding in it. This is my first year for guineas during this season and now can't wait until I can watch and hear their shenanigans with the tree. Some times I think I could sell tickets. So much fun!! Going to incubate and brood more this Spring. I'm guinea obsessed!!! LOL They come to the back sliding door and look at their reflection in the double pain glass. Stand there looking like they are primping and gossiping. :)

Haha that's awesome!

Back
Top Bottom