Does anyone have a 100% method of hatching out Muscovy Duck eggs artificially?

Connie White

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 22, 2013
Cedar Bluff, Alabama
Hello Friends - There are three groups of us trying to hatch out Muscovy duck eggs - the eggs are fertile but never make it all the way. Does anyone have a method that works? This must be for Muscovy's as the other ducks (Mallards and such) are different and don't count. I hope so! Any and all good suggestions welcome!

Connie

Why not use a Muscovy duck? honestly, they are the best method.
wink.png

Hey GoinQuakers - I do use my gals - have three sitting on over a dozen each at the moment, but there are people who want to hatch out their own. Mine lay so many eggs that I wanted to try the incubator because I couldn't safely have the gals hatch out anymore. I have two people who, at present, wanted eggs and are trying to hatch them out but my own experience has been bad so far.

Hey GoinQuakers - I do use my gals - have three sitting on over a dozen each at the moment, but there are people who want to hatch out their own. Mine lay so many eggs that I wanted to try the incubator because I couldn't safely have the gals hatch out anymore. I have two people who, at present, wanted eggs and are trying to hatch them out but my own experience has been bad so far.

Understood, yeah, i dunno even Storey's guide to ducks reported they were difficult. I think at best you don't get good hatch rates not sure how ones gets around the base issues with false incubation methods.

Back
Top Bottom