Does anyone have a "Comet" ?

SAMnELLA

Crowing
15 Years
Oct 19, 2008
North Florida
I bought a few chicks back in the spring and one was a "Comet". I LOVE this breed, or maybe they aren't all like this one ? She is super friendly and I can just walk up to her and pick her up. She just started laying and the egg color is a beautiful dark brown. She also grew faster than the others. Does anyone else have this breed ?

I don't have them in my current flock but have in the past. Mine were also friendly and good egg layers.

I have 2 golden comet chicks and they are very friendly. My son carries his "sunshine" around for hours a day. Comets lay tons of eggs.

Yes, I love my golden comet! She is a chicken-bully, but very human friendly and lays the biggest, dark brown eggs. She is a little over 2 years old and I can count the times on one hand she went a day without laying an egg.
This is her, Mrs. Garrett:
WP_20160920_17_53_58_Pro.jpg

I have a golden comet who's name is...wait for it.. Haley. She's like money in the bank when it comes to egg production, and she's the most adventurous, friendly, and sweetest pullet I have. She's the queen as far as pecking order goes, but she never bullies. She's the best chook I have!

Back
Top Bottom