Does anyone have advice on Chicken and Duck nutrition?

Droneandchicken

Chirping
Jun 20, 2020
I'm currently feeding my chickens Nature's Best Organic egg layer crumbles. I'm feeding my duck Nature's Best Organic duck Crumbles but I was looking at the brand Scratch and Peck for ducks and chickens (on chewy.com) and thinking of switching. Both products ingredients are pretty similar but the Scratch and Peck does not have soy and they all have niacin supplement but doesn't say how much. Does anyone have advice or another food I could use that would provide efficient nutrition for both bird? My shopping options are tractor supply, my local farm bureau and online dealers.
Screenshot_20200728-122752.png
Screenshot_20200728-122744.png
Screenshot_20200728-122530.png

Also my chickens are Golden Laced Wyandottes they are 1 year and 2 months old. My ducks are a Mallard, female, 9 weeks old and a Pekin, hoping female, 2 weeks old. I'm feeding the ducks the same feed since the Mallard was 4 weeks and the Pekin was 4 days.

Also my chickens are Golden Laced Wyandottes they are 1 year and 2 months old. My ducks are a Mallard, female, 9 weeks old and a Pekin, hoping female, 2 weeks old. I'm feeding the ducks the same feed since the Mallard was 4 weeks and the Pekin was 4 days.
I have been wondering the same thing. I currently have two 2 week old ducklings that I hatched and mix the organic Nature duck feed with the scratch and peck and a pinch of grit. I am worried they might not be getting enough niacin but, it says it has it in there. I have 10 chicks as well and feed them Scratch and Peck with grit. I had a couple comments from someone on a different thread that said they were not crazy about Scratch and Peck because they felt the pieces were toi big for new chicks but, that at about 3 weeks is ok. They have actually done well on it and everyone is thriving. Including my ducks, who have very strong legs so far and great energy. I chop up a lot of greens for them every day as well. Would like to know if I can do better though, they are my sweet little lovies and want the best life possible for them🥰

I have been wondering the same thing. I currently have two 2 week old ducklings that I hatched and mix the organic Nature duck feed with the scratch and peck and a pinch of grit. I am worried they might not be getting enough niacin but, it says it has it in there. I have 10 chicks as well and feed them Scratch and Peck with grit. I had a couple comments from someone on a different thread that said they were not crazy about Scratch and Peck because they felt the pieces were toi big for new chicks but, that at about 3 weeks is ok. They have actually done well on it and everyone is thriving. Including my ducks, who have very strong legs so far and great energy. I chop up a lot of greens for them every day as well. Would like to know if I can do better though, they are my sweet little lovies and want the best life possible for them🥰

I feel the same way they are my babies I want to make sure I'm giving them the best possible nutrition.

Great thank you I'll have to read the ingredients I'd like to try to stay organic if possible. At what age is it ok to feed it to my ducklings one is 9 weeks and the other is 2 weeks.

Great thank you I'll have to read the ingredients I'd like to try to stay organic if possible. At what age is it ok to feed it to my ducklings one is 9 weeks and the other is 2 weeks.

If they’re that young go buy the Flock Raiser, it can be fed from hatch, the All Flock you have to wait till their eight weeks or so

I agree with Isaac on the Purina Flock Raiser. I have always feed this to all my ducklings from time of hatch till they are at least 6 months old. I then feed all flock to my guineas, and all the ducks. I do recognize that organic feed at the top because I got it on clearance once at tractor supply. I fed it to the ducks and I’d say it’s an ok food. It is quite pricy though and I wouldn’t have bought it if it wasn’t on clearance. I’m not sure if it has sufficient nician for ducklings but I’m guessing it would. I’m really happy with the flock raiser and think it’s a good food for my littles. Good luck with your ducks. :D

Back
Top Bottom