does anyone have one of these?

yeah I did a match thing for petfinder and that's what the computer matched me with.
I love the look of it too. And I'm part native american so I thought that would be cool to get one , very pricey though.

Not yet. I've been trying very hard to get in contact with the few true breeders. There was a split and one breeder took some of the full bred pups, left the group, and started crossing to other breeds and selling the pups saying they can be registered when they aren't actually pure. Be careful of these breeders. The only true aidog registry is http://www.iidoba.org/ , and the main breeder is Song Dog Kennels http://www.indiandogs.com/ . It is a very closed group. They refuse to join the akc and maintain their own standard and registry. While they aren't all that expensive aquiring a pure aidog does require some work and emails, phone calls, and interviews with the few breeders that are trying to preserve these dogs.

Id go with a tried and true traditional flock/heard guarding breed. Why stack the odds against you and your animals you have now? Every new pup is a crapshoot and you never know how well or poorly they might turn out. Even with a lot of training those dogs are probably very high prey drive.

A better way of saying what I said above: please dont get a dog that wont fit your needs, shoving them into a mold they do not belong in is unfair to you and the dog. Good luck
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Aidogs actually can be very nice herding and livestock dogs. They were used for a variety of tasks from herding horses and protecting the other animals and people to pulling equipment. They have an interesting mix of characteristics that kind of makes me think of what you'd get if you crossed a husky with a collie or aussie shep and kept the herding instinct with the sled dog abilities plus tossed in a bit more guarding. Their prey drive is not that hard to control when compared to most hunting or sled dog type breeds. They make wonderful agility dogs and are often described as double jointed. That doesn't mean they are the easiest dog for everyone to train though. Think along the lines of collies. Very smart and in need of a constant job.

the reason I didn't pick a traditional herd dog is I have asthma and need a dog that's good for allergies.
I'm not talking about watery eyes and a runny nose I mean emergency room then ICU.
If I could find a poodle cross with a herding dog that might work but maybe not. depending on the coat and prey drive of each individual pup.
I have a lhasa that I'm not allergic to.cause he has hair not fur.

Akane when I looked at the price of these dogs the cheapest I found was $1500 but I will check out the sites you posted , thanks

I saw somewhere that there are no such things as hypoallergenic dogs. That people are allergic to the dander on the dogs not the dogs themselves. They did a study with people who had allergies and sometimes the non hypoallergenic cause less of a reaction than the hypoallergenic dog. So Just be careful you don't want to spend that much on a dog and find out you are allergic to it.

Back
Top Bottom