Does anyone have the automatied pluckers??

I absolutely LOVE my Whizbang plucker! I do about 30 birds a couple of times a year. I can drop 3 full size chickens into it and have them all de-feathered in about 20 seconds. AND, it's big enough to do small turkeys (which we will have several to do this fall) I don't know about plucking a 50 pounder, but it will handle a 25 pound bird with NO problem! I will be processing again in about a month.... Can't wait to have FRESH, REAL chicken again!

Jeff

Quote:
If we had the money we would invest--but if we did enough birds a year to make it worth it...we would have to invest in more freezers...and it just seems like a money pit. I still don't know where we are going to put these 25 that we are raising! We have Beef in our deep freezer, my grandma's, and my parents' freezers! Just picked up 500 lbs of beef about a month ago...finally got T-bone the steer butchered. AND I have 3 turkeys and 2 hams in there. lol

Quote:
If we had the money we would invest--but if we did enough birds a year to make it worth it...we would have to invest in more freezers...and it just seems like a money pit. I still don't know where we are going to put these 25 that we are raising! We have Beef in our deep freezer, my grandma's, and my parents' freezers! Just picked up 500 lbs of beef about a month ago...finally got T-bone the steer butchered. AND I have 3 turkeys and 2 hams in there. lol

You will be happy with whatever kind of plucker you make. It sure beats plucking by hand!

LOL

We are currently getting 25 chicks every two weeks and hope to be increasing that number soon. We bought an EZ plucker after looking into the time and effort it would take to build a whizbang. I think a whizbang would work just as well as the plucker we purchased but I am happy with the one we have that we didn't have to put together at all.

Back
Top Bottom