Does anyone know where to get artificial Guinea eggs?

alexanye

Chirping
Oct 20, 2021
I have free range guineas, they don't fall for golf balls in their nest, I have been looking for artificial Guinea eggs and I can not find them! Does anyone know where I can get some? I don't think they'd fall for chicken eggs either. I could be wrong, but if I can just get eggs that look like their eggs that would be ideal.

I have free range guineas, they don't fall for golf balls in their nest, I have been looking for artificial Guinea eggs and I can not find them! Does anyone know where I can get some? I don't think they'd fall for chicken eggs either. I could be wrong, but if I can just get eggs that look like their eggs that would be ideal.
To the best of my knowledge, no one sells fake guinea eggs. I tired using bantam sized wooden eggs that are available. I sanded them so they were pointier and looked more like a guinea egg.

My best results have been by using Sculpey oven bake clay and making my own fake guinea eggs. They get tolerated pretty well. I find that leaving at least 3 or more of my fake eggs in a guinea nest works the best to keep the hens using the nest.

Thank you! I'll have to see if I can convince someone to 3D print and sell them 😂

Until then, I'll see about getting some clay.
If they print them out of a plastic, I doubt they would go over well with the guineas.

No one makes fake turkey eggs either. I use ceramic goose eggs. When the guineas happen to find one of the fake goose eggs, they are in awe of them and have to inspect them closely.

I would try to blow out eggs and maybe fill them with something, resin maybe? Then coat them in something? I know this is done for ornamental waterfowl sometimes but I don't know exactly what is used.

I just bought fake chicken eggs a few years ago, they aren't real big and have worked the last three years getting my guineas to start laying in the coop in the spring. They kick them out after awhile but here's the result as of today. I'd say they are broody!
IMG_202.jpg

I think that @Mixed flock enthusiast did something similar.
Yes, I blew out Guinea eggs and filled them with wood glue. That kinda worked but the glue sometimes oozed and the eggs didn’t last that long. They were such a pain I about cried every time one fell apart or was eaten by a snake. I’ve since gone to pink Sculpey eggs, which also get eaten by snakes but otherwise last a lot longer. I like the 3D print idea! I had someone who was going to make me some but they wanted to make them hollow and I thought they needed to be solid. We couldn’t really come to an agreement as the plastic was too expensive to make solid. @alexanye if you come up with someone who will print them solid let me know! I’ve recently been using wooden chicken eggs for my chicken hens and love those. I wish we could convince someone to make wooden Guinea eggs!

Back
Top Bottom