Does anything repel snakes?

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

Oh yeah they can climb. We had one in a big knot this summer at the TOP of our martin house pole way up in the air, trying to figure out how to get up and over into the house when my husband shot the heck out of it with a high powered pellet rifle my son had left behind. Threw it out in the field and a couple of turkey vultures ate it the next day. RECYCLING! Just glad it didn't come after my chickens, which were a lot closer to the ground!

snake-hater deb g
KY

yea for your hubby! i hate snakes too! they're creepy!!! i know they serve a purpose and all that stuff, but that doesn't mean i have to like them! this past summer my hubby took a flat ended shovel and cut the head right off a copper head that was behind our grill, so he had to go in at an angle. what would we do without our hubbies? i would only scream and crap myself! LOL!

Quote:
Wonder if they'd be any help against fleas??

Snake wise, I guess try the Away stuff...

But... I wonder... could you make a nest for the snakes to raid?
Use old straw/shavings instead of just tossing, so that it smells like a real nest...
and then fill THAT with golf and/or moth balls and place outside the coop... ??

Anyone think that would work?

Eagles, owls, falcons, and hawks all repel snakes. But I'm sure that isn't the answer you are looking for.

I use plastic Easter eggs. I had a snake not too long ago in my coop that had ate three of the plastic eggs. He was not moving much. I think he had a belly ache x3.
big_smile.png

68947_100_2265.jpg

Back
Top Bottom