Does EE shank color tell if they will lay green, blue or brown eggs?

chickerdoodle

Songster
10 Years
Aug 21, 2009
Oregon
I notice EEs have various shank colors (they are mixed breeds after all) and wonder if the color of the shank gives a strong clue to the egg color they will lay? My EE, Agnes has very green shanks and I was hoping she would lay a color other than brown. I'll still adore her anyway but its fun to get a different color isn't it? I bet I'm not the only one who wants to know!

Could you tell me what color your EEs shanks were as a pullet and what color egg she lays?
thankyou.gif

Agnes at 13 weeks of age:
39619_ages_at_13_weeks_2.jpg

39619_agnes_at_13_weeks.jpg

She's real pretty
big_smile.png
but no leg color isn't a good indication to egg color.We have many EE's with slate legs-true Ameraucana's have slate and we have lots of them here that we use.We also have some yellow legs on an EE project that I'm working on..I want yellow legs on these they also lay blue eggs-I'm crossing with white We actually have very few with green legs...They also claim that the comb is an indicator..straight combs will seldom lay colored eggs-not so they will lay colored eggs here hens colors vary but I don't have hardly any of the more common colored ones-like your pretty lady.Mine are all bred to produce unusual colors and patterns..I just like different
idunno.gif
I have never had an EE that lays any color other than mint or light blue no matter what it looks like-knock on wood!
so lets see green legs colored eggs
slate legs colored eggs
yellow legs colored eggs
straight comb colored eggs

Back
Top Bottom