Does my chicken have a mild case of bumblefoot?

Luckybaby

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 11, 2014
My 9 months old barred bantam cochin, have a small area that is yellow colored stuff on the underside of both of her foot. Before I tried to clean it, the color was black which might be a mixture of dirt and poop. It is located near the middle of both of her foot, and the color on the area around it is slightly pinkish white. It looks like there is an injury in there, since the yellow colored stuff, look exactly like the one found on my other chicken that have an injury on the underside of it's toes few days after injury. It happened about 2 months ago, but it was not red and swollen. Is it granulation tissue, and is it normal? I don't feel anything hard in it, and I didn't see any pus coming out?

My 9 months old barred bantam cochin, have a small area that is yellow colored stuff on the underside of both of her foot. Before I tried to clean it, the color was black which might be a mixture of dirt and poop. It is located near the middle of both of her foot, and the color on the area around it is slightly pinkish white. It looks like there is an injury in there, since the yellow colored stuff, look exactly like the one found on my other chicken that have an injury on the underside of it's toes few days after injury. It happened about 2 months ago, but it was not red and swollen. Is it granulation tissue, and is it normal? I don't feel anything hard in it, and I didn't see any pus coming out?

Some good pics would help.....
smile.png

I am reluctant to use the digital camera to take some photos, since sometimes, I can't take good enough photos. I strongly believe, that she had an injury on the middle of both of her feet, so I decided to take out the scab. The scab on her right foot is taken out easily with just water and friction using the paper towel. It is small, but I think the area grow in size a little bit larger since I first noticed it 3 days ago. After it was taken out, all I see is a skin that is almost completely healed, and the hole is still noticeable. There is no white stuff that is hard or soft anywhere on the scab, or on the skin. However, when I try to press the skin (the skin just underneath the scab that was taken out), I saw clear white liquid coming out of it. At first I thought, it was from the wet paper towel and my hands, but the white liquid still came out after I dried my hands and the skin, I thought it was pus underneath it, since the color is clear white and the skin around it is slight pinkish white. So, I decided to cut the skin to try to make more white liquid come out, and see if there is any hard or soft white stuff underneath it. I didn't see any white stuff directly beneath the scab of her right foot.

Her left foot have a yellowish colored scab, and like her right foot, the color of the area around it is pinkish white. I tried to dig in, just to take it out, but I didn't see anything that is hard just beneath her scab. I applied betadine and triple antibiotic ointment after the surgery. Do you think the area around the scab is infected? What should I do? How long will it take for her wound to heal?

Back
Top Bottom