Does this cake idea sound like it would work?

RubberChickenLubber

Songster
12 Years
Oct 19, 2007
Newton, NC
I'm thinking of making 2 loaf vanilla poundcakes. Then slicing them into layers. I have tangerine curd that I purchased on a trip. I'm thinking of alternating that with a sour cream filling (ie, one layer filled with the curd and another with the sour cream filling). That way it has the tangy and sweet to it. It's something I've never done before, but thought I'd try something different.

I'm not sure the sour cream part sounds that good......
but would you post the recipe for the pound cake??
ya.gif

i got the recipe from Allrecipes.com

3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
2 2/3 cups white sugar
5 eggs
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon extract

DIRECTIONS
Do not preheat the oven. Grease 10 inch tube pan and line bottom with wax paper or parchment paper.
Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat the butter, shortening, and sugar on low speed for 10 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, blending well after each addition. Alternately add the flour mixture and milk, mixing well. Add the vanilla and lemon extracts.
Pour batter into the prepared pan. Set the oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C. Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of cake comes out clean. Allow cake to cool in the pan for 1 hour. Remove to a cake rack and cool for at least 3 hours.

Instead of using a bundt pan, I'm gonna use 2 loaf pans.

some candied tangerine/orange peel would look pretty on top..and some zest in your filling would lend a little more flavor...just a suggestion...hope it turns out yummy!!

If you add a pkg of cream cheese and used almond extract rather than vanilla that would be my recipe...sounds good.

If you were nervous about the sour cream filling, I'd use a cream cheese filling.

2 pkg (8oz) cream cheese, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
small container cool whip (8 oz -- I think) -- Or if you prefer make your own whip cream, too.

Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar together. Then fold in cool whip. Use how you want. Also good to dip strawberries in!

Back
Top Bottom