Does this chick need help hatching?

Ejmaggz

Chirping
Dec 21, 2021
Ellensburg, wa
I’m worried about this little chick in my incubator. Today (5/24) is day 21. First chick hatched at 530Am and 4th chick hatched at around 5pm. This little one has been in this position for a couple hours now. I know it can be tiring for them and they take breaks but I’m concerned with it’s positioning in the egg.

It zipped at the very top, knocking just a little of the top of the egg off and it’s wings are still restraining.

How long should I wait before I do something?

Also one of this chicks keep coming over and packing at it’s face. It’s upside down and helpless at this point

Attachments

• 347A8435-85C2-4C48-ACD9-02D389630C90.jpeg
    347A8435-85C2-4C48-ACD9-02D389630C90.jpeg
    435.6 KB · Views: 19
I’m worried about this little chick in my incubator. Today (5/24) is day 21. First chick hatched at 530Am and 4th chick hatched at around 5pm. This little one has been in this position for a couple hours now. I know it can be tiring for them and they take breaks but I’m concerned with it’s positioning in the egg.

It zipped at the very top, knocking just a little of the top of the egg off and it’s wings are still restraining.

How long should I wait before I do something?

Also one of this chicks keep coming over and packing at it’s face. It’s upside down and helpless at this point
I don’t hatch chicks just ducklings but once a baby zips they should be ready to hatch
If it was my hatch I would help it out
It could be stuck from the goo in the egg
Carefully try to pull some shell as if it is stuck by goo it’s like cement when it dries
You may need to use warm water and Q tips
Keep us posted on baby

I ended up pull it it out and helping. It had slime on it and it was super dry slime.

I got some slime off and chipped a couple pieces of shell off so it could get its wing free and it ended up getting itself out of the shell. I took a quick pic before putting it back in the incubator.

It doesn’t look healthy. It looks like it’s chest cavity isn’t closed all the way. I could see it’s heart beating...

Ugh I don’t know if this is a watch and wait or a cull moment. I just don’t want it to suffer. 😣

I ended up pull it it out and helping. It had slime on it and it was super dry slime.

I got some slime off and chipped a couple pieces of shell off so it could get its wing free and it ended up getting itself out of the shell. I took a quick pic before putting it back in the incubator.

It doesn’t look healthy. It looks like it’s chest cavity isn’t closed all the way. I could see it’s heart beating...

Ugh I don’t know if this is a watch and wait or a cull moment. I just don’t want it to suffer. 😣
Oh no :(
I’m not sure how that will turn out
You will know if it’s the right thing to do or not

Back
Top Bottom