Dominate Chick?

Debdeb70

Songster
Jun 9, 2016
Louisiana
This evening, one of my 9 wk old little chicks jumped on the back of an adult layer hen, pulling her hackle feathers, as if to mount her, dominate? Something like that. The hen squaked as if she was wondering wtheck are you doing?! They have all been together for many wks. There is a rooster in with them all. Wishing I would've had my phone to snap a pic or video it, but didn't. What do y'all think?

This evening, one of my 9 wk old little chicks jumped on the back of an adult layer hen, pulling her hackle feathers, as if to mount her, dominate? Something like that. The hen squaked as if she was wondering wtheck are you doing?! They have all been together for many wks. There is a rooster in with them all. Wishing I would've had my phone to snap a pic or video it, but didn't. What do y'all think?
cockerel, he is trying to breed her.

Hmm..I'm thinking Cockerel but just being a brat because he definitely isn't sexually mature enough to be trying to mate. All young go trough the motions but that's all it is.
Yes and it is so funny. I wish I could pick "him" out easier! Because he looks like his sisters! A couple of them I am watching their combs, wattles & behavior. They all have been practicing their fighting skills. (Like roos & young hens do!).

Back
Top Bottom