Don't eat that.

My chickens have tried:

• Total voters
Yes to the stories about snakes. Never thought I'd feel bad for a snake but they play keep away and pull it into bite sized pieces. I wish they would eat mice but my barn cat Marvin does a good job of keeping the rodent population low. But even when he doesn't see the mice, the chickens don't go after them?

I have 5 17 week old chicks and 3 8 week old chicks....the older ones will try and eat plastic wrappers, styrofoam, and paper that blows into our yard. When out free ranging, they will sneak up behind me and all at once, jump up and grab my ponytail, they love peck my toes, and try and eat any freckles on my arms. One of my big girls tried ripping my earring out of the top of my ear as well. My littles have found out that there is chipping paint aparently under the siding on the house, and they will sneak over there and eat the heck out of it :(

My hens will eat anything and everything. If i smile at them and i am holding them they like to try and peck my teeth:sick and especially my nails (if i have them painted). THey have gone after a dead bird in the yard, it was already dead and apparently they didnt know what RIP means! also when my mom was digging a fence she found this ginormous grub (like 2x the size of your thumb large), and guess what? Down the hatch! dont even remind me about the veggie garden:barnie, thats why we were building the fence. And i wonder why my chickens are large!

Yes to the stories about snakes. Never thought I'd feel bad for a snake but they play keep away and pull it into bite sized pieces. I wish they would eat mice but my barn cat Marvin does a good job of keeping the rodent population low. But even when he doesn't see the mice, the chickens don't go after them?
Maybe they have a no compete agreement with Marvin.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom