Don't know what breed or gender you have? Click here!

Pics
This is a (hen) but nasty to the other sweet hens , grabs their combs , pulls their feathers. They are all afraid of this chicken.
Do you think it's a rooster? They
IMG_2614.JPG
are all cochins.

I have a girl asking me to adopt some chicks that were let go in her school as a prank. I'm hoping the are hens so they don't become coyote food. The brown one was checked by a vet to be a girl. I'd love another opinion and to find out what these babies might be!View attachment 552353 View attachment 552354 View attachment 552355 View attachment 552356 View attachment 552357

The first one is a cockerel, the second one I'm leaning towards cockerel as well.

Howdy y'all. :)

OK...so I ordered all hens when I ordered my chicks. Two of the chicks I ordered were Polish chicks. One is a White-Crested Black Polish, the other one is a Golden-Laced Polish. The White Crested has feathers on her head that flow back more than they stick up. The Golden-Laced has feathers on top of her head that stand up more than they flow back. The difference is huge. So is it normal for Polish of different colors to grow their topknot feathers differently at the same age, or did a male slip through in my order? Here are pics of each of them where the difference in how their head feathers lay is obvious. They are nearly 5 weeks old. Thanks in advance! :)

Donna

FB_IMG_1495237261004.jpg
FB_IMG_1495237241359.jpg

Back
Top Bottom